background

Friday, April 15, 2016

Alicia Bel - Distress Ink Tutorial

Night Sky Distress Ink Tutorial

Hello, crafty friends.  Today I was commissioned to make a tutorial to share with you! I decided to do a background with distress inks!  I love using Tim Holtz distress inks.  

Distress Ink:
Black Soot
Dusty Concord
Faded Jeans

1.  Lay out the distress inks and use a good quality cardstock 
(I used Neenah Solar White 65 LB)

2.  With a blending tool, start in circular motion coloring the cardstock with Faded Jeans.
3.  Continue the same way with Dusty Concord and then Black Soot

4.  I selected the Cheshire Cat image and colored it with Copic Sketch Markers. I added foam dimensionals to add a 3D effect to the scene.
5. I also cut out a circle with a Splellbinder cirlce die and sponge a little bit with black soot


6.  I added a simple flower and sentiment and viola!!   Oh, I also used my white gel pen and added some stars.  Isn't it cool?

It is not hard to do and you can create any sky you like!!

I hope you like my simple tutorial and I hope to see you join the Alicia Bel's challenges!!

Keep crafting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew card project

 Hello and welcome to my blog!   I wanted to share one of the cards I created using one of my favorite layering stamps by Altenew!  I had cr...